Sunday, November 28, 2010

zaza

Last week  when my sister was in town, the both of us thought it would be extremely cool  to go lamp shopping to Zamrudpur!  The name of the shop was ZAZA. So off we went to Zaza in Zamrudpur. I know it’s getting a tad bit repetitive but come on, I still can’t get over it! This shop had some exquisite hand crafted and freakily funky creations. My sister is the artsy one, I’m more of the give me food cause Iv come shopping with you sort. We picked up one very attractive blue glass bangle and a stole that I personally thought was overpriced, but then again, who listens to me?
The top floor we were told had a tiny café that made mouthwatering pizzas. The sound of food during my pretentious act of enjoying shopping is like the sound of the police van when your house is being robbed and you’re in some dappled corner, too scared to move. After we were done looking around, we made our way up to the café. It was the cutest place, and the only person I wanted to be there with was my boyfriend. It was perfect, with a frosty breeze and tiny dazzling lights, and charming garden furniture. I missed him, but then that’s a completely different story. We were told that the pizzas weren’t on the menu that particular day, so we had to choose something else from the menu. I ordered a ham and cheese sandwich in whole wheat bread, and my sister went for the ceaser salad. I know it sounds ridiculously un-fancy, but it was so delicious and wholesome. It was perfect for a 6’o clock snack. The salad was crisp and perfectly drizzled with yummy olive oil, crunchy lettuce, onions and peppers blended well with the green olives and white feta cheese. The light seasoning made it a heavenly experience. My ham and cheese sandwich pleased me exceedingly, and went well with my cold coffee. Later we split a huge slice of chocolate gateaux. The warm glow of chocolate and the ruggedness of the home baked cake made Zamrudpur quite a wonderful experience.
I don’t know how food does this to me, it makes the world around me musical and yet it doesn’t make me fat!

1 comment:

  1. Never been to this Pizza place, thanks for the tip there, will def check it out

    ReplyDelete