Monday, December 19, 2011

untitled.

Hello all. I am so kicked even though its 4 degrees outside! I just had a eureka moment. Since I am a student of English literature which in all its enormity fails to excite me even half as much as my limited knowledge of food, I decided to unravel the psychology of food through the course of my study here. So little is ever mentioned about food. But in my understanding, it can do wonders. It not only has the power to change the temper of a scene, it also helps add charisma to the character.

A friend of mine got married day before yesterday. And I mention this because I want to take a moment to thank them for being so kind as to have such a variety of piping hot starters for us. There were golden fried prawns that were so creamy the phrase ‘melt in your mouth’ came to life for me right then and there. Szechwan prawns that felt like one was feeding on tiny rainbows for they were impeccably light and were so pleasing to the eye. Fish tikka, beer batter fish, Amritsari fish tikka, Hyderabadi fish. Chicken tikka, chicken seekh, chicken satay, chicken malai kebab, some version of corn cheese and spinach stuffed into a canopy with minced chicken, kakori kebaba, galoti kebab. Mutton seekh, mutton tikka. Fruit kebab. Cheese puffs. And these were only the starters I tried. There were platters of Mediterranean delights, if you will. There was everything from Black Label and Jack Daniels to Grey Goose! There was such large amounts of food we’d stuffed our faces with we couldn’t even make our way to the main course! You truly have to be Punjabi by nature to know the C of celebration.

The French press coffee at The Coffee Bean And Tea Leaf is beyond doubt my favorite. It’s both visually appealing and it tastes like genuine coffee! And that with the Philadelphia cheese cake makes you want to yank out your arms, attach two wings and fly to heaven.

This post is fragmented and haphazard but there are just too many miniature thoughts in my head. Also the cold makes me think less. This has to be my shortest post but I feel after this great things will start to happen :P

Goodnight.

No comments:

Post a Comment